California Turf Rebate program.
Learn more about California Friendly Plant selection
Turf Replacement Material Rebate:
Replace grass turf with mulch or gravel and receive a 50% rebate (up to $300).
Artificial Turf Rebate:
Replace grass turf with artificial turf and receive $2 per square foot (up to $400).
Pool Cover Rebate:
Purchase a cover for your pool and receive a rebate of up to $75.
Turf Removal Rebate:
Replace grass turf with approved materials and receive rebate of $2 per square foot (up to $1,500)
Water-Smart Landscape Class:
To help our customers reduce their water use without sacrificing the outdoor beauty of their home, we host free Landscaping Classes every Spring and Fall.
The institutional turf replacement program focuses on non-state, public facilities in the underserved (defined as being within a disadvantaged community (DAC)), drought-stricken communities of Los Angeles county.
The program includes the following components:
- The removal of turf and the direct install of low water- using landscapes.
- Proving funds for plants and materials.
Eligible applicants include county, agencies and non-profit organizations.
Completed applications will be evaluated in the order received and for meeting the preferred criteria. State facilities will not be founded. A non DAC applicant must have a 50% cost share to be considered.
Preferred projects should include:
- Public visibility with an education component
- Consideration of local landscape ordinances
- Use of innovative water supplies
- Turf removal and replacement with California Native Plants and/or pollinator-friendly plants that are “low to very low” water use
- At least one tree incorporated into the project (can be an existing tree) per every 1/4 acre
- Re utilization of existing infrastructure such as irrigation systems or walkways
To participate in the program, applicants must complete and submit their application for qualification and acceptance. Once scheduled, we will coordinate with the applicant to remove or replace turf an other landscape materials; install or modify irrigation system components; an install replacement plants and other landscaping materials, as needed.